Taste The Rainbow
prep time 8 mins total time 15 minutes
For the Rolls
For the Sauce
70ml coconut milk
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tbs penut butter
2 tbs soy sauce
Get a flat surfaced bowl and add some warm water (to soak the rice paper in)
Chop all your veggies into thin slices (or circles)
Soak the rice paper in the water on both sides, then carefully place the desired vegetables of your choice in the centre.
Wrap the right side of the paper over the middle contents and tuck underneath, the fold both corners, followed by rolling it until it is completely wrapped.
Soak, place, roll and repeat.
For the sauce place all the ingredients in a mixing jug and whisk .
You can enjoy the rainbow rolls and sauce as a starter, or a main to accompany a salad or noodle bowl. Or even add fruit rather then veggies and enjoy as a sweet pudding/snack.
FOOD IS MEDICINE.
Eating a rainbow of food ensures you are getting the full spectrum of vitamins and nutrients your body needs.
• Fruits and vegetables that are red support heart and brain function, especially memory.
• Orange fruits and vegetables are full of beta-carotene and vitamin C, great for improving eye health and immunity.
• Yellow fruits and vegetables improve circulation.
• Deep green fruits and vegetables are great for purifying the blood, strengthening the immune system, nourishing the nervous system, and warding off depression and anxiety.
• Blue and purple foods are rich in antioxidants and can prevent early signs of aging and heart disease.
• White fruits and vegetables reduce blood pressure and LDL cholesterol.